- To advance the science and understanding of Hypospadias anomaly
- To create and support a research-intensive environment in hypospadias related fields
- Tariq Abbas (Qatar)-Chair
- Nicolas Fernandez (USA)
- Sibel Tiryaki (Turkey)
- Michael Sennert/Mohamed Fawzy (Germany)
- Marcela Leal da Cruz (Brazil)
- To organize research-oriented educational mini sessions/lectures during each HIS meeting.
- To facilitate formalization of surveys towards the members of the HIS
- To harmonize and liaise international multicenter research projects and databases related to hypospadias
Active projects for International Collaboration
- Regular literature reviews/systematic reviews to present the “best available” knowledge in certain hypospadias-related “hot questions”.
- Annual specialist surveys for HIS meeting attendees about pre-selected controversial topics in hypospadias research
- Implementation of a shared database of certain clinical/anatomic variables to be prospectively collected in a multicentric manner. Real-Time International Collaborative Hypospadias Database (RICH): https://www.sidra.org/research/clinical-research/clinical-research-at-sidra-medicine/real-time-international-collaborative-hypospadias-database-rich
- Evaluating long-term clinical outcomes of patients with hypospadias
- Standardized multicentre computer-based database
- Joint Authorship of resulting manuscripts
- High-level evidence needed in hypospadias surgery
- Facilitate collaborative research among pediatric urologists
- Dynamically integrate new variables to answer newly emerging questions like genetic findings and phenotypes
- Secured Data Access Policy
- Hypospadias etiology underpinning:
Collective research under this priority includes, but is not limited to:
- genetic studies,
- histological investigations, and
- epidemiological research.
- Hypospadias Repair Outcomes Research:
This research priority pertains to research and scholarly activities that directly relates to:
- The holistic functional, cosmetic and psycho-social of individuals who has surgeries for hypospadias.
- It also includes quality of life focused projects.
- Contact Research Committee (can put my email for the time being email@example.com)